flaker/crusher + Cooker + Press + Filtration
hot pressing setup
This process is applied stand-alone in hot pressing or in pre-pressing before extracting the solvent.
- Residual Oil content in the meal is around 6 to 8% depending on seed variety in single hot pressing and 18-20% in pre-pressing before solvent extraction.
- Recycling of press sediments possible by progressively placing them into the cooker.
- Standard process
- Stability of operating results
- High investment (Boiler or electricity).
- Impaired oil quality, necessity for additional treatment (refinement or esterification).
In single pressing as in pre-pressing, a hot plant installation is expensive and is not economically viable below a certain tonnage depending on the production site and the type of seeds treated.