Double pressing : COLD PrE-pressing + hot pressing
pressing + conditioning + pressing + filtration (double or simple)
double pressing setup
This process combines the two aforementioned processes.
- Two different qualities of oil: 60% from cold pressing and 40% from hot pressing
- Residual Oil content in the meal around 8%
- Recycling of press sediments possible by progressively placing them into the cooker.
- Higher investment (boiler
- Energy consumption
- Requires double filtration if there is a need for two different qualities of oil
- Oil extracted from hot pressing: requires additional treatment (refinement or esterification)
As for the hot installation, the process is expensive and is not economically viable below a certain tonnage depending on the production site and the type of seeds treated.